About

The Story of LaGuardia Web Radio

LaGuardia Community College Web Radio is a lab for student, faculty, and staff experiments in expression and the development of technical skills in the world of broadcast radio. It serves as a conduit for information about the day-to-day activities at LaGuardia Community College, as well as a platform for students, faculty, and staff to showcase their talent and diversity in a global internet medium. LaGuardia Web Radio Studios is located on the campus of CUNY LaGuardia Community College, in room MB06.

Meet Our Team

Jaime Riccio, Station Director

I’m an Assistant Professor of Communication Studies in the Humanities Department, currently in my 6th year here at LaGCC. I have a B.A. in Radio/TV/Film Production, and after a brief stint working at Comedy Central and later as a Digital Marketing Consultant, I went back to school at Syracuse University to receive my M.A. in Media Studies and Ph.D. in Mass Communication. When not in the classroom, you can find me at the campus radio station, LaGuardia Web Radio, where I also serve as Station Director.

Christopher Pope, Station Technician (CLT)

Hi, my name is Christopher Pope. Born and raised in New York City. I am the station Radio Technician/CLT (College Lab Technician). I have been working here since November of 2019. I graduated with an Associates Degree from LaGuardia Community College in Mass Communications. My future hopes are to work in the field of sports communications. But for now, I’m here to help students learn Radio broadcast, Sports Broadcast, and how to operate radio equipment to continue their passion for the field of communications.